Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Art Is What You See As Beautiful

The words art and vigilante join together creating a force that advocates the local arts in the Portland/Vancouver and surrounding region.  Thus I dub ArtVigilante Northwest as the latest art journal in the land of the Pacific Northwest web.  I only assume this, but with great confidence I proceed with my rhetoric.

I have been an artist from the moment I learned to squeeze a crayola in between my pudgy fingers.  My curious nature found pleasure in the images that would transpire.  Further encouraging my upward progression towards all things creative, all things expressive, all things beautiful to my eye.

Art is a challenging energy to put a box around.  In fact, I often find it down right ignorant to assume what is good or bad art.  Not to say that some people don't put a lot more time and effort and truth in their work and those are often the ones by the act of discipline that result in getting their work out into society and essentially are noticed. However, the cliche' phrase "art is in the eye of the beholder" stands true.  Art will always be elusive, the evolution of art holds no restraints. No true guide on how to saddle it.  To one person a particular art piece might seem unattractive and to another person that very same piece might bring tears to the eyes.

As a visual artist I seek to express my love for the local visual works of the artists of the Pacific Northwest.  Art is a powerful form of communication, often speaking volume without using any words at all.  Art Speaks News! 


1 comment:

  1. Pleaese "LIKE" and visit ArtVigilante Northwest Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtVigilanteNorthwest?ref=tn_tnmn

    ReplyDelete